We currently do not have any careers listed. However, we are always interested in top talent! Click the link below to send us your resume, cover letter and salary history.Read More...
The Director of Operations at Intense Lighting, a Leviton Company, provides leadership and expertise in establishing and maintaining an efficient manufacturing program in support of the operating plan. The position has overall responsibility for manufacturing processes and projects as well as product costs, quality and delivery of product. This position works under minimal supervision. Ideal candidate will have experience with assembly and manufacturing of LED lighting products or electro mechanical assembly.
- Ensure the quality specifications of all products being manufactured are being met
- Ensure a clean and efficient production environment based on Lean, 6S and other established /advanced manufacturing practices
- Manage human and machine resources to maximize productivity and minimize waste, loss, and downtime
- Develop performance standards and production layouts for product flow through specific operations. Maintain close surveillance and control over plant operations through analysis of reports, staff meetings, observations, and personal contact
- Collaborate with the appropriate groups to constantly improve efficiency and reduce the lead times for the assembly and delivery of parts through processes and procedures
- Participate in the New Product Introduction process to ensure the effective transfer of products both in and out of the facility
- Define processes to support optimal performance of equipment including preventive and real time maintenance
- Support the development of analyses required to support capital investment
- Work with Engineering, Materials, and Quality Groups to ensure customer requirements and weekly schedules are met
- Ensure that ISO procedures are being used to continuously improve operations
- Prepare cost and budget estimates and subsequently assist top management in the development, implementation and management of the budget
- Maintain fiscal responsibilities through cost containment, operating to budget and utilization of materials
- Drive cost improvements as measured by reductions to standard cost
- Implement and maintain manufacturing and service improvements and develop strategies and controls to enhance profitability
- Makes recommendations on capital and other resources based on an understanding of capacities and demand
- Establish and maintain a proactive, efficient, and quality oriented operation to include alignment with operation plans that support the business unit
- Review and recommend changes to systems, policies, and procedures as needed to enhance the mission of the organization
- The position has overall responsibility for planning, organizing, directing and controlling the activities of the operations function. Specifically, for the performance of Supply Chain, Quality, Production, Distribution & Logistics, manufacturing engineering and Facilities Maintenance.
- Maintain and implement operational metrics to achieve operational excellence, driving Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost
- Make certain that monthly revenue and on-time shipment goals are achieved with close hands on management of materials planning / purchasing, master scheduling, assembly and test management and training, and shipments with consistent high quality and consistent business growth.
- Design, test and maintain manufacturing methods and processes.
- Analyze and plan workforce utilization, space requirements, workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace.
- Manage vendor relationships to meet efficient on-time deliveries.
- Maintain strict standards of quality assurance.
- Drive continuous improvement activities and create a lean roadmap.
- Participate as a key member of the Company’s Top Management team
- Ensure a safe, clean and efficient production environment based on Lean, 5S and other established advanced manufacturing practices.
- Implements new technology for supply chain, manufacturing and other departments in Operations.
- Make tactical and strategic plans with manufacturing partners and suppliers. Establish relationships with the full range of worldwide sub-contract manufacturers and their capabilities, pricing strategies, and negotiation tactics that meet our Quality, Delivery and Cost targets.
- Bachelor's Degree in Operations Management or Engineering required
- Master's preferred
- Minimum ten years’ management experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Prior Operations daily management, process development, and organizational development experience required
- Working knowledge with LEAN, FMEA, 8D, and 6 Sigma required
- Strong operational knowledge including planning, fabrication, assembly, testing and packaging required
- Strong project management knowledge required. PMP preferred
- Must have leadership skills to successfully manage their staff as well as interact with other functions in a non-threatening and cooperative way
- Self-starter with experience driving toward team-based organizational structure and culture required
- Working familiarity with Lean manufacturing tools and concepts
- Hands-on approach to problem-solving and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to read drawings and determine the proper method of manufacturing
- Capable of interviewing and hiring employees, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance
- Solid understanding of work-measurement and manufacturing standards
- Demonstrated proficiency in time and project management
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English
- Up to 20%